Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stripey Assymetric Dress

I had put a lot of work and errors into making this and I thought it wouldn't take too long to make.... guess I was wrong. But all that work was worth it.



I enjoyed making this dress (and correcting and improvising ALL the mistakes haha), and it was a real stress-reliever. Of course, the week before I was searching the internet for some ideas and inspirations, and I also took a trip to the Galleria for more ideas (because I know all the dress and/or skirts I've seen were waaayy too expensive for me anyways -- THAT'S why I make my own clothing!!) and made mental sketches (and transferred them to paper =]). And I saw this very same fabric/idea of this dress at Hot Topic, so that was already on my list of ideas, just more of my little flair onto it =]







Anyhoo, I already had the skirt made long ago, but I cut it so that it can be assymetrical and added extra fabric, then the corset was the most troublesome, but I eventually got it together (at least got it to fit me -.-'). If I do say so myself, it did come out very awesomely smexiful. I love how it made me relax though, although it did take me a day and a half to finish... but hell, it was worth it!












(also made a matching bow ^^)-->







If you would like to request for me to make this dress in your size, you know what to do: Send me any fabric or money for it (because I'm out of stripey fabric due to the dress...) get about 3 yards at most if you can, and it doesn't have to be stripey; you can get whatever fabric you want; let me take your measurements, and I'll sell it for $50. And that's me just being very nice, because all the hard work, I can really go for $75... yeah. (ooooh, I just noticed I'm selling it for the same price as Hot Topic... and now I see why) So yes, I can take requests for assymetrical dresses or only assymetric skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment