Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Easter" Outfit ♥


I am so happy that this happens to be my first major outfit that isn't a major fail. I'm so glad that simple words cannot express, and am relieved that I made my outfit for Easter.

Well, since I was stuck in the house practically all weekend, I want to be able to get out and do some Easter egg hunting with the family (or at least get out the house) heheee. The colors are pretty Easter-esque or Spring-esque, so I can consider this my Easter outfit since I happened to have this idea pop into my head this weekend. But of course, I'll wear it whenever I please, because it is my creation, my weirdness, and I love polka-dots ^^

So, my genius creation is a corset (without boning, so it'll come later. But I can't believe I pulled it off... kinda) with a piece of Rebelde shirt on the front, and the matching skirt with the remaining pieces of the shirt for the waistband. The set took me practically all day to make yesterday (with an hour and a half break by going to the grocery store with the matriarch), and I kept messing up, thinking I had another failed project, but after I finished the skirt and saw how cuuuute it was, I was completely overjoyed! Added some finishing touches to the corset, and there ya go!!
But yes, about the shoelace..... Since I'm too broke and too doofus to look up different places and find ribbon, the shoelace will have to do for now. No worries though, because I can try to look for ribbon the next time I'm out and about if anyone wants me to make them this adorable set. Btw, I made matching bows ^^

I'm willing to make this for anyone willing to buy, but of course, especially if you want it any special way, you're going to have to bring your own fabric and a graphic t-shirt you don't or can't wear anymore (the tee is optional though). As usual, I don't have enough fabric to make another set in blue and white polka-dots. However, I have pink and pink polka-dot fabric untouched. I'm very sure the skirt will look cute for anyone in pink, but just not for me, because I absolutely do NOT like pink.

But if there are any requests for this in pink or any other fabric, please let me know so I can get your measurements and your fabric from you. Altogether, I'm selling the set for $55 (corset- $35; skirt- $20). Also, if you checked out my second to last blog with the sneak peak of the different stuff I make and you happened across the musical pinafore, I can make that in the pink polka-dots for Spring or any fabric you want for $25.


Have a happy Easter everyone and eat loads of candy ♥

(I also apologize for my hair being way too icky.. I'll take care of it I think..)

No comments:

Post a Comment