Thursday, April 15, 2010

Glam Rock at I-Fest!!

Well, the school's I-fest, that is...

Of course you remember the info I gave last week about HCC hosting their International Festival. Well, today was the day, and it was full o' fun. NOT to mention, I can have some bragging rights. For a fresh, new business starting off, this is my very first vendor booth, and I surpassed my good showing goal of $55. (Hell, I wish it was the real Houston I-fest!! I would've been really booming!) In only the 3 hours that we vendors were allowed, I sold $66 worth of only bows and ties. I was a bit unprepared because I thought I'd have everything done and have way more inventory by the weekend so I can tend to my studies at school. I was supposed to be selling the bows and ties, but also my two skirt recons, bow ties for the men, more ties made of different fabric, and a new skirt I made and didn't want anymore. So maybe I would've gotten some more looks toward my table.






























But it was very nice nonetheless. Although the venue changed due to the "weather", the fest still went on and it was as cool as it came. I was lucky that I sat closer to the auditorium where they played music and had a fashion show, but too bad I missed it all until after I packed and got ready to go. Luckily, my friends took a picture of one of our dear musician friends play in his band.... And lest I forget, MARICHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!! XDDD ♥ I frickin heart mariachis!! They are so cool. Urban Indigenous, of course, was right next to me like we've planned, and their business was coming along great. Balloon animals and body jewelry!! Who can compete with that?!




All-in-all, the fest was great and I looked good in my handmade outfit from head to toe!! Of course, being a vendor, you have to advertise your products and also show them how it applies to everyday life, or in my case, wear. ^.^ So that's exactly what I did! I wore my newly recon'ed Sonic shirt, my beautiful and never-fail jean musical burlesque skirt, fishnets, and "legwarmers" that were sleeves from a shirt. Yup.. total hotness. I got up and showed everyone my wonderful outfit, and they were thrilled to have come over to my booth. I gave away most of my business cards (and for those of you who have gotten one at the festival, sorry for the poor quality... printer wasn't working), my friends and boyfriend came by to support me, and I connected with so many different people and cultures. I guess the moral of this story is... no, I'm kidding. But I just love everything cultural because it's very fantastic to learn about them, and at the same time, I'm glad I was given this opportunity to promote my little business. I really hope Glam Rock Glory Days really becomes a success and I have all of you to thank if it does!!















Thank you Everyone!!! ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment