Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bayou City Art Festival ^-^



Hey hey everyone! This weekend was the Bayou City Art Festival at Memorial Park, and with the beautiful people and weather, I had an ultimate blast!

I volunteered for Friday and Saturday at the Artist Hospitality tent. I finally made business cards and handed them out. I networked up a storm!! The key and primary source of networking is advertising, and I wear my handmade products as advertisement. The most compliments I've gotten from my "advertisements" was my one and only limited Rainbow Stripey tie! My model and dear boyfriend Jose Alonso modeled it also and gotten so many heads to turn, so I tried it at the festival, and look what happened!! I've gotten more connections now than anything!



Jose was working on business card templates for our school organization [Student Government Association]. Of course, the idea of business cards was already in my head, but I never got around to look for a really cool template. He then showed me how to make one from scratch, and there you have it! I went home and tried it out, and I owe my business cards all out to him ♥ With the computer skills I have, how could I have NOT thought about how to do that?? Like I said, I owe it all to him.



Well, I pranced around in my Rainbow tie and altered my shirt after I came home on Friday. Only took 5 minutes tops. So Saturday morning, I printed out my cards and went on my merry little way to the Fest and networked like there was no tomorrow!! So everyone should be checking out this page right now, but the thing is, I need to start posting my alterations and recons. Right now, I only have my bows and ties listed. So now I shall start a post really soon containing my other products.

As a matter of fact, let me show you all a sneak peek of what else I have to offer.

Rock Musical Pinafore

Red Musical Burlesque Circle Skirt

RECYCLE Burlap Bag Hoodie

Halter made from t-shirt

Free Hugs alteration from XL (see blogspot picture) ^.^

Regular jeans to skinny jeans alterations

Skirts made from pants

Btw: I really need to take before and after pictures. In fact, I need to take better pictures.. Sorry folks.

Yes yes, I will post the other creations soon. =D But like I said, I had a great time at the Art Fest and can't wait til the Downtown one again in October. Much like last October, this Art Fest was a successful blowout! We owe it all to the fellow artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment