Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Logo!!



Well, not really for the blog, but it can be...

Okay, anyhoooo.. I made a patch for my new briefcase bag today, which took me like 2 1/2 hours to sew altogether.

It's made with letters from this shirt and checkered fabric. So now, I can advertise my bizz wherever I go, especially at school.




I also made this patch just so I can cover a 88.7 FM KUHF radio logo on the bag (I got it from the Menil Community Arts Festival this past Saturday) since I played "Spin the Wheel and Get a Free Prize" when I first got there. I also want to use this new bag for school, but make it more of an awesome and trippy bag rather than the drab radio logo (no offense, though, I luff classical music..) and just stick pins on it, much like my old backpack. So the first thought in my mind was to cover the radio logo with some of my fabric and just write a lot of crap on it, but I wanted more... I wanted to think outside the bow, er box.. (My new friend Andy whom I met at the Menil got the exact same bag, and he bought a small white musical bow and later super-glued it to his bag)





Okay, so today, I was rummaging through some scraps of old clothes in my closet to see if I can make something new, or at least a new tie or bow. I come across one of my weirdest shirts that I couldn't wear anymore (It was a hand-me-down from my mom and the nail polish you see is way after I got it from her), and I used to call it the "word search" shirt because when I wore it, other people or I would spend so much time trying to find different words on it... It had girly type words like 'glamorous', 'love', 'princess', 'material', 'rock', 'wild', 'freaky', and the only words that were in red were 'BAD GIRL'. So I just began cutting (mainly why I like to sew... if there's nothing to cut, I go crazy.... so don't hand me any sharp objects if you know what's good for you), and when I saw 'glamorous' and 'rock' kinda in the same row, I cut the glam and rock out. Then I just searched for more letters that looked like they were in a series of spelling 'glory' or 'days' but not quite. Instead, I just cut out random letters. After the letters (it was very hard to find a 2nd Y), I cut some checkered fabric to cover completely over the radio logo because the letters alone wouldn't cover everything. Pinned, sewed, and there ya have it!! Another grand idea out of pure boredom and randomness!

That's how most of my best ideas come about. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment